UPDATED AND EXPANDED! Our childbirth class has grown!! We've added a 5th class and a 3rd facilitator to join the conversation. Our goal is to provide you with an even more comprehensive experience to not only prepare you for birth but also a peaceful, supported postpartum period.
This 5-part series is an evidence based, common sense childbirth class to educate and empower families for the joys and challenges of natural childbirth and early parenthood. We will cover stages of labor, comfort measures, birth plans as well as the variety of possible outcomes you may encounter. Additionally, we share perspectives and resources for new baby basics, feeding and early parenting. Our approach is an all-encompassing model, not specific to one type of childbirth 'method'. We like to mix it up and incorporate a variety of perspectives.
This class is designed for all families regardless of where you choose to give birth (homebirth, birth center and hospital births). We believe it's important to prepare yourselves for all possibilities.
The first 3 birth classes are taught by Chelsea Bryan, local midwife and experienced birth doula. Find our more: https://www.grassvalleydoula.com/
The final 2 classes focus on life with newborn, sleeping and feeding as well as planning for the 4th trimester. Co-taught by Katie DaMota, IBCLC, MAS and David Arrell, author, coach and father. Katie is a lactation consultant with a master's degree in Maternal and Child Nutrition plus an experienced postpartum doula and early parenting educator. David is the author of Welcome to Fatherhood as well as a fatherhood coach. Learn more: https://www.welcometofatherhood.com/
Also included in this series: a 30-minute consult with Chelsea to cover your remaining and perhaps private questions around birth, 4 weeks of free access to our weekly, prenatal gatherings while you attend class and a preview into our postnatal gatherings with Katie and David.
- Our class is $260 for each family
- Offline payments are accepted. Please enter 'offline payment' and send a check made out to The Nest to 107 W Main Street Ste B, Grass Valley Ca 95945.
- If you are a client of Mariposa Birth Center or Mackenzie Leeke, please enter your coupon code for your discount. "mariposa' or 'mackenzie'
- PREPAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO SAVE YOUR SEAT so be sure to reach out to us if you plan to pay offline.
- Nest Subscribers (those who are paying the monthly $30 fee) receive $10 off enter 'Prenatal Subscriber' in the coupon box.
All of our current classes are virtual on Zoom. Most often our classes are on weekday evenings however we also schedule Sunday afternoons and private or semi-private classes. Please reach out if you'd like to request an alternative.