This 4-part series is an evidence based, common sense childbirth class to educate and empower families for the joys and challenges of natural childbirth. We will cover stages of labor, comfort measures, birth plans as well as the variety of possible outcomes you may encounter. Our approach is an all encompassing model, not specific to one type of childbirth 'method'. We like to mix it up and incorporate a variety of perspectives.
Taught by Chelsea Bryan, local midwife and experienced birth doula. This class is designed for all families regardless of where you choose to give birth (homebirth, birth center and hospital births).
Also included, Eat, Sleep, Poop: Newborn Care and Breastfeeding, focusing on life with newborn, sleeping and feeding as well as planning for the 4th trimester.
Taught by Katie DaMota, IBCLC, MAS: she's a lactation consultant with a master's degree in Maternal and Child Nutrition plus an experienced postpartum doula and early parenting educator.
- Our class is $160 for each family.
- Offline payments are accepted: send a check made out to The Nest to 107 W Main Street Ste B, Grass Valley Ca 95945.
- If you are a Mariposa Birth Center client, you may also register without payment.
- In order to register without payment please enter the code: Offline Payment in the coupon box.
- PREPAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO SAVE YOUR SEAT so be sure to reach out to us if you plan to pay offline.
- Nest Subscribers (those who are paying the monthly $30 fee) receive $10 off enter 'Prenatal Subscriber' in the coupon box.
Since all of our current classes are virtual, this class also includes a 30-minute consult with Chelsea to cover your questions. Most often our classes are on Tuesday evenings however we also schedule Sunday afternoons, private or semi-private classes. Please reach out if you'd like to request an alternative.