Join us for a “hybrid” preparation class: two in-person childbirth education classes in an accelerated format with access to the exclusive video library with streaming postpartum content including newborn care, breastfeeding and postpartum planning to review at your own pace or opt to attend the 2-part, online Welcome Baby class.
This is an evidence based, common sense childbirth class to educate and empower families for the joys and challenges of childbirth and early parenthood. Together, we will cover stages of labor, normal, physiologic birth, comfort measures, interventions, birth plans, navigating unexpected changes to your plan, and more!
Our approach is an all-encompassing model, not specific to one type of childbirth 'method'. We like to mix it up and offer a variety of perspectives to help you find what works best for your family. This class is designed for all families regardless of where you choose to give birth (homebirth, birth center and hospital births). We believe it's important to prepare yourselves for all possibilities.
Childbirth Instructor: Shalin Butterworth, CD(DONA), CPpD, CLEC, Evidence Based Birth® Instructor, Doula and Parent Mentor
Shalin is experienced supporting expecting families from pregnancy through postpartum. Her focus is on addressing the well-being of the family unit, with an emphasis on evidence-based education and respectful, compassionate support.
Also included in this series: online, streaming or live edition of our Welcoming Baby Class and additional resources for new baby basics, feeding and early parenting. Plus, 5 weeks of free access to our weekly, prenatal gatherings while you attend class and a preview into our postnatal gatherings with Katie DaMota, IBCLC and David Arrell, fatherhood coach and author.
- Offline payments are accepted. Please enter 'offline payment' and send a check made out to The Nest to 107 W Main Street Ste B, Grass Valley Ca 95945.
- If you are a client of Mariposa Birth Center or Mackenzie Leeke, please enter your coupon code for your discount: "mariposa 200' or 'mackenzie'
- PREPAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO SAVE YOUR SEAT so be sure to reach out to us if you plan to pay offline.
- Nest Subscribers (those who are paying the monthly $30 fee) receive $10 off enter 'Prenatal Subscriber' in the coupon box.
- Scholarships and Sliding Scale options are available for families in need of financial assistance - please reach out to use for more information.