Knowing how and when to hold boundaries with kids can be really challenging! We want to support kids in expressing feelings and having a voice, and also don’t want to raise them to be self centered or inconsiderate of other people's needs.We want them to be truly themselves, to shine brightly, and speak their truth! And also, want to be able to feel a sense of cooperation with them instead of feeling like day to day life is a battle of wills. Kids can actually feel more relaxed, and even free, when we we hold clear, consistent, and loving boundaries with them.This will be a quick class on a big topic!
We will cover:
- Tuning into our own internal compass so that we can be clearer with ourselves as a foundation
- Learning to lighten up when possible and set boundaries in playful ways
- Making space for emotional intimacy
- Creating family rhythms that reduce needs for boundaries around body and home tending (brushing teeth, eating, cleaning)
- Q and A time so you can ask about your specific family needs
This class will be taught by Ashley Newton. Ashley is a Somatic Movement Therapist and Child Development Specialist. Her deep love for helping children thrive has been the center of her life and work for 20 years. Her studies include a BA in Child Development, an MA in Infant Mental Health, and teaching certificates in Reiki and Yoga. She is passionate about helping families find ease in daily life, and supporting parents in raising connected, joyful, and spiritually alive children.
ALL classes are currently offered virtually at this time. If you'd like to attend but cannot make the class date or you don't have access to Zoom, most classes are also recorded and available afterward. Scholarships are also available to those in financial need.
Choose your date